Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Sermon in Lieu of Attendance


(2)
I was pleasantly surprised by this week's sermon warning from the Arapahoe Road Baptist Church. Wow. What a subject. But what could it mean? Is it some sort of Rorschact inkblot test? How do you create a sermon out of that?
No doubt the sign generated huge curiosity 'mongst the faithful. No doubt many will attend tomorrow's sermon with 'bated breath. 'What can it mean?! This is exciting! Is Jesus just around the corner?!' Is Jesus in your rear view mirror?
There is no doubt that such a subject is open to a multitude of possible sermonistic interpretations, and that the sermonizer will come up with a religiously acceptable version. But where does that leave me? Sheeit. I have to do a sermon on this? Ok...
I associate rear view mirrors with the idea of being followed. Who is behind me? Am I being followed? If so should I give a turn signal? (By the way, this edition of Friday Night Drunk is being brought to you by Mozart: Piano Concerto #21.)
These considerations having been stated I will launch into my Sermon in Lieu of Attendance:
----------
'Rear view mirror' refers to modern technology. Do you have a rear view mirror? Thank Technology. Technology needs Science. Thank Science. Science needs fearless curiosity. Thank fearless curiosity.
But it doesn't end there: Science needs logic. Science needs integrity. Illogical science doesn't work. Scam science doesn't work. You can't create a vaccine out of pipe dreams.
----------
End of sermon.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?