Friday, November 14, 2008

 

Revisiting October

(1)
As I was reading last week's posts ( on monday evening), I noticed another booze-related memory failure in (2) below. The trial was about cocaine, not qualudes; though prescriptions for qualudes were presented to the jury in the jury room that drug was not mentioned at trial (that I can recall). Interestingly, there was no discussion of that drug during deliberations. I found those prescriptions to be somewhat incriminating but did not mention that to the other jurors. Were dentists able to prescribe cocaine in some form to patients back in those days (the '70s)? Possibly. I eventually concluded that the prosecution had failed to prove 'intent,' and the jurors agreed with me, some of them reluctantly. I was not the jury foreman, by the way. What still interests me nowadays is how much 'revenge against the criminal justice system' might have played a part in my decision. I think it played a significant part. In fact I know it did. See this blog entry for the reason why. (1620L and I'm buzzing my brains out after 2.5 beers.)
1701L and I just opened beer #5. Still buzzing, of course, but I seem to have reached a plateau. I've been reading October 2006. Great stuff! I recommend it.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?