Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

So Naughty


(4)

I took this photo today. I saw it yesterday. In fact I always note the message on this particular sign, for some reason. I suppose I like the idea that the preacher is willing to warn you in advance of what the sermon will be. 'Fair warning! Use caution!'

But recently I have been paying attention to this sign for the purpose of inaugurating a new theme: Sermon in Lieu of Attendance. I borrowed the idea from my favorite Charleston yum-yum, who posts church photographs 'in lieu of attendance.' I love that. So naughty.
I will exposite this week's 'sermon in lieu of attendance' in the next post.
I should mention that, in order not to put pressure on the hapless composer of this weekly missive, I will seek out other possible sources of inspiration in the future. I say this not because I would be afraid to do 'sermons' based on subjects determined by 'the other.' Not at all: I am afraid of nothing.
But I don't want to embarrass an innocent preacher.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?