Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Dialed God's Telephone Number: Nobody Answered.

(2)

Tonight is Halloween, of course. It is now 1920 Local and no (tap) Goblins yet. Kootch bought a bunch of candy, which remains mostly unmolested. It is a quiet night, perfect for blog stuff. I've looked through our pictures for Halloween themes and found one: Jenny the Frog. Unfortunately I am now unable to publish it here for some unknown reason. Maybe later.

Before I get too drunk I should probably visit a theme from a recent entry on one of my favorite blogs: that of the 'story in six words.' Can you write a story in six words? Sorta. I came up with the following SWS: 'Dialed God's telephone number. Nobody answered.' What a story!

The reader is immediately interested in possible details: What is the number?! Do you need a special telephone? Can I dial too? What if God doesn't answer? What could it mean?

The theme reminds me of the 'Zen Koan.'

Somewhat related is the 'religious joke.' My favorite religious joke is from Mulla Nasrudin (as told by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in The Mustard Seed):

'Mulla Nasruddin was sitting with a friend. His wife came and the friend said, "I suppose this is your most charming wife!" Mulla Nasruddin looked sadly and said, "This is my only wife!"

I commiserate with the mulla.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?