Tuesday, October 21, 2014

 

Many of Them. One of me.

(1)
Sipping on beer #2 at 1515. Sip. No buzz yet. Sip. My health has become somewhat of a disaster recently, so I'll blog about it a bit: DVT has followed DVT after DVT! It is as if I have totally stopped Warfarin and started eating tons of green veggies containing vitamin K. Really. My left leg has been completely DVT-free until recently, when over about one month it blossomed up as large as my right leg (the original DVT leg.) Worse yet, another DVT seems to have appeared in my lower abdomen, causing my genitalia to fill with fluid. Kaiser has yet to notice this 'officially.' But 'unoffically' it knows exactly what is going on, having had a nurse (tap) try to 'catheritize' me for no reason, and failing due to 'an enlarged prostate.' The swollen genitalia was embarassingly obvious, but absolutely no mention was made of it then or since. No doctor has investigated the problem and I have not mentioned it to them yet. Indeed, I only figured out today that the problem is probably a DVT in the lower abdomen. Sheesh. So there's plenty of blame to go around.
----------
Meanwhile, I take my Warfarin. My normal dose is one 5 mg tab per day, which is a bit too much (historically). In the current situation, however, 5 mg appears to be waaaaay to little. Wassup?! Sip. I can pretty much tell when my INR gets too high because my 'nose-blows' start to become slightly bloody, but nowadays there's never any blood. But the INR folks keep insisting that my INR is pretty much within range! 
----------



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?