Wednesday, October 08, 2014

 

From Something to Nothing. Nothing!

(2)
Oh juicy! Besides Caplan there is a 'Reverend' in the discussion who seems to be concerned that her death might be violent. (Yum! I just finished a doubleshot of Canadian Mist. But my buzz remains stable. Time for another beer...) Back with beer #? Buzzing brilliantly. Sip. I think about Death often (at my age). My plan is to die suddenly, such that there are no 'stages.' My plan, furthermore, is to die in mid-sentence on a warm summer morning. One millisecond I am alive; next millisecond I am no more. It will be an instant transition. It will be quite peaceful.
However, from 'the outside' it will seem to be a bloody and violent event lasting several seconds. (I just invented a new name for Kootch: 'Squaze no leem ee us.' She smiled as I told her. I've invented many names for her: Kootch, Kotatsu matsu, Squindigerlee, Skootsu oh foodinia, Skaznoid, and I could go on and on... There must be at least twenty. She laughs.) Yes, you guessed it: I plan to destroy my CNS with a single shot from my .357 magnum. Here is the anticipated sequence of events:
----------
I pull the trigger on my .357.
Nothing ever happens again. Absolutely nothing. End of story.
Observers,on the other hand, would see a violent explosion of my cranium as blood and brain matter splattered under pressure. They would clean up the mess and dispose of the body. They would remember the event forever as 'bloody and violent.' But they would be wrong. To me it would have been a beautiful, peaceful event.
I would have been listening to Beethoven and thinking, perhaps, about doing some Acid. The bullet would have penetrated my skull instantly, destroying (by shock wave) all neural connectivity.
The next tic of time would remove 'me' from The Universe 'forever,' whatever that means.
----------

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?