Monday, October 06, 2014

 

A Carefully Calculated Diagnosis.

(1)
Working on beer #2 after watching the evening news. Sip. Would you like to know exactly how I came to be labeled with the Eternal Diagnosis? Of course you would.
It began with stomping on our ceiling. The upstairs neighbor was apparently stomping on his floor (our ceiling) in order to harrass me. The stomping eventually worked. I got very pissed off. Almost all previous neighbors had harrassed me is similar ways, and I knew it was being done 'on purpose.' After thinking about it for a few days I conjectured that Gerash was trying to harrass me into shooting my .38 into the ceiling, a very serious offense. I was not about to do that. The .38 was only for self defense in the event of home invasion or burglary - or - for suicide in the event of painful terminal illness. I'd had enough experience with the law to know not to shoot into the ceiling no matter how pissed off I became.
I decided to inform the offending neighbor that he was playing a dangerous game with somebody who had a gun. (Maybe that would stop his stomping.) I knocked on his door and complained about the stomping. Intending to inform him of the possible danger, I told him he was '38 bait.' Before I could explain further, he slammed the door and called the cops.
I tried to explain to the cops that Gerash, the stalker who employed him, was 'setting him up,' and that I was only warning him.
The cops arrested me.
The guy moved out soon after.
The cops turned me over to Kaiser where I was put on a 3 day Mental Health Hold, during which time I acquired the Eternal Diagnosis. I declined 'a trial of medications' and was released after 3 boring days.
----------
Gerash was apparently quite pleased with the diagnosis; however there was one troublesome detail: The situation apparently required the diagnosing authority to formally warn Gerash that he might be in danger (from me). So the order (duty to warn) was cancelled by the diagnosing physician. Problem solved: Gerash was officially totally unaware that I thought he was stalking me. The only question is: How much money did Gerash have to pay for this carefully calculated diagnosis?
Oh, and by the way, when Gerash finally moved in upstairs some years ago, he had all the flooring replaced with hardwood. Since then he has lived above me, safe and secure, serving on the night shift. Only problem, my .38 Special has since become a .357 Magnum. Sip.
Oh, and one more thing: after that incident I adopted the policy of never trying to explain anything to the police, but to instead 'take the 5th.' It worked! Oh, and one more thing: I never again signed a 'plea bargain' with the D.A. I insisted on a 'trial by jury' instead. That worked too!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?