Saturday, September 06, 2014

 

One Hundred Thumbs Up.

(3)
Once I had the Cipro 'in hand' I got on the web and Googled Cipro looking for the 'dark side' of Cipro (unwanted side-effects). I was horrified! Cipro is pretty dangerous stuff! Did I really want to take ten days of Cipro while my own immune system was obviously winning the UTI battle? Sip. (Another short pee break.) Maybe. But then I discovered that Cipro affects Warfarin's blood thinner effect, and decided to trust my WBCs and screw Cipro. Sip. (By the way, I just took another pee: Volume is much increased and pain is hardly noticable. QED! Could a six-pac of beer be a good anti-UTI medication?! Sip. I think so! So the current plan is to keep that Cipro 'in reserve' for at least the next several months if not needed in the current battle. Sip.
That pretty much covers it.
----------
Which brings us to our final series of 'new neuronal connections' for tonight: Thumb Indicators.
I still have a 'one thumb down' opinion of Kaiser Permanente. That is a recent improvement. Momentum is positive. I like that. But I am still uncomfortable with that. I want a more 'thumbs-up' scenerio. And I'm pretty sure that Kaiser Permante would also like a 'thumbs-up' rating from me: We both want to like each other. How can we improve our relationship? Good question.
It seems to me to be partly a matter of education: both parties need to learn from each other.
Let us take, for example, a newcomer to the Kaiser Permanente realm: A male newborn. A helpless infant. He is delivered of his mother at a Kaiser hospital via C-section (because he was taking his sweet time and everybody there in the DR had things to do.)
Once born, he began to like it. In fact, he began to love it, especially that tit-sucking part after which he was no longer hungry. Asked how he would rate Kaiser Permanante thumb-wise he would no doubt rate Kaiser at 100 thumbs up (the highest possible rating).
----------
And it would probably go somewhat downhill from there, over the many years, given 'human nature.'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?