Friday, August 08, 2014

 

The Most Dangerous Word.

(1)
Sipping on beer #2 at 1908. Sip. Just finished rereading the most recent posts. Damn! Has it been that long? I must be getting old. Sip. Better than the alternative I guess. Sip.
I like the word, 'Holy.' What could it possibly mean?! I once began reading a book titled, 'The Idea of the Holy' (https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl) but never finished it for some reason, probably because the author used the word, 'ineffable' too often. I wanted something more 'concrete.' The concept 'Holy Land' was also 'ineffable.' Isn't all land holy? And all sea? and all air? Isn't everything holy? (If you don't 'get this' idea you need to drop some Acid).
What about 'Holy bombs?' 'Holy bullets?' 'Holy shit?' Many religious cultures eat 'Holy food.' At what point does holy (blessed) 'Bread and Wine' become Holy Shit? Is there a particular spot in the human intestine where one becomes the other?
In my opinion, the word 'Holy' is the most dangerous word, and should never be used, especially when children are present.
  
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?