Monday, May 26, 2014

 

Fascinating Culture.

(1)
Sipping on beer #3 at 1926. Sip. It's been a while! Both Kootch and I have 'been on vacation' so to say: Kootch visited her family in Japan, and I took a vacation from booze and blogging. Sip. I was curious: How would a sober three weeks affect my 79 year old brain? And I was also being cautious: In an 'atmosphere of menace' it was probably not a good idea to get drunk alone. Sip. So far so good. Kootch is still adjusting to Denver's 'mile highness' and, in fact, seems to be doing it better than ever. For my part, I did not notice any increase in 'cognition' after being sober for... how long has it been?... Time to reread the last posting session... one month!
The first two beers were consumed as I watched the ABC, CBS, NBC News, and as I lingered over some of the highlights, a very nice buzz deteriorated somewhat. Oh well. Sip. The general theme was, 'Bat Shit Looney.' Sip.
Foremost, of course, was the (being zapped in the face with microwave rad at the moment... left nasal mucosa swelling... mucus flowing from both nostrils...) latest mass killer in Santa Barbara. I started reading his 'manifesto' but lost interest after a few pages. Then there was the story of Pope Benedict in the (Bat Shit Holy) Land. I liked comparing the sizes of the various 'head adornments' of the participants. The Pope left a message for God in the 'Wailing Wall.' The usual stuff. Culture can be so fascinating!




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?