Friday, March 21, 2014

 

What a Pleasant Surprise!

(1)
Last sip of beer #1 (of 10) at 1715. Sip. Back from the fridge with beer #2 at 1720. Sip. I'm in a really good mood after a visit to Kaiser for a routine blood test this afternoon. Sip. While I was there, one of the girls gave me a big red envelope containing a Valentine's Day card! O...M...G...! Here's the backstory:
----------
Since I take Warfarin for a 'chronic DVD' I need to periodically get my blood tested to determine if it is within certain 'clotting time' limits. A couple of years ago I got the idea to honor the girls who did the testing. I bought them some candy and flowers. I have since done that 'Valentine thingee' every Valentine's Day. (I get flowers for Kootch too, of course.) Today at Kaiser, one of the girls handed me a red card signed by the girls telling me how 'Good-looking, Intelligent, Talented, charming, fun, lovable, and altogether amazing' I was. (That took an entire beer! Back with beer #3 at 1755. Sip.) What a surprise! Thank you, girls. I agree.
----------
So I have to be nice today. In fact, I will imagine that one or more of those yum-yums reads this blog. That will tend to keep me from seeming to be too... judgemental. I like that: another facet of 'awareness!'
Oh, and by the way, I made an appointment for a 'consultation' with one of the Kaiser doctors last week. Then I promptly got the day wrong (even though they gave me a 'reminder' card). I realized the mistake too late. Highly embarrassing at my advanced age! In fact, it was so embarrassing that I actually got a 'Herpes thingee' on my upper lip. (It's true, folks: emotional states can induce Herpes attacks. Really.) Abreva to the rescue. Sip.
Which brings us to the question: will this publish?!
Nope. Houston, we have a problem...
Yep. It eventually published.  




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?