Thursday, January 09, 2014

 

God Thinks in Mysterious Ways.

(1)
Sipping on beer #2 at 1945 after watching the evening news. I'm back early after two successive 'sessions' of only moderate beer intake over the last two weeks or so. Sip. The 'reason' is actually 'political:' The Chris Christie Bridge Scandal. I noticed this morning that CNN was 'following him' for quite a long time and I eventually got around to discovering why. Hmm. Interesting! Seemed that CC was explaining, in a very long news conference, why people on his political team had engaged in what I call, 'Biblical Reasoning.' That is to say, they were doing 'God-think' (thinking the way God thinks). On the surface of it, you would be inclined to respect that particular mode of thought. (Sipping on beer #3 at 2013, buzzing outrageously. This could be a fun night! Sip.)
But God thinks in mysterious ways.
What the Christie team did was, indeed, 'Biblical:' They closed off a couple of traffic lanes on the George Washington Bridge, intending to 'punish' the (Democrat) mayor of Fort Lee New Jersey for not endorsing Christie in a recent election. But unfortunately, only the innocent people who found it necessary to cross the bridge during that 'experiment' were punished. One lady may even have died due to the traffic delays. Christie, apparently, never felt a thing.
After understanding the bizarre story I thought, 'God-think!' These people must have been reading the Bible!
I was particularly impressed by some of the relevant E-mails:
----------
A: 'I'm smiling. Is that wrong?'
B: 'I'm thinking about the children.'
A: 'They're Buono's children.'
(Buono was apparently Christie's opponent in the most recent election.)
----------
I could go on and on but I'm already half drunk, and here's the point: God punishes the children of His 'enemies.'
 




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?