Monday, December 02, 2013

 

Death is nothing. Nothing!

(2)
Don't get me wrong: I am not at all afraid to die. And I especially like the idea of a sudden death. Indeed, I have planned on a quick and easy death ever since that warm sunny afternoon back in the mid '70s when I was mowing the lawn and I felt a 'jolt' in my chest. My heart had 'skipped a beat.' I went to the doctor. He said I had some sort of 'arrythmia.' I had first felt that 'jolt' as a flight instructor working for Cole's Aviation back in the late '60s - early '70s. It boded ill for my career.
I have since had many, many 'jolts.' Eventually a blood pressure medication (Atenolol) reduced the frequency of those 'jolts' to near zero. I still take it.
But I also still like the idea of a quick, sudden death. True, I won't have time for a quickie 'Perfect Act of Contrition' but I don't like that creepy little Jewish God anyway. And I don't worry about 'eternity.' That is for children.
I plan to do it eventually with my .357 if necessary. We shall see.
Back from the fridge with beer #5 at 0901. Sip. Buzzing very slightly. Sip.
But before leaving this creepy subject, it strikes me that you might be interested in my theory of 'suicide by .357.' Sound interesting? Here it is:
----------
We all die. It's only natural. We are born, we die. But death can be excrutiatingly painful and/or 'drawn out over time.' A 'timely suicide' might be advisable. What would it feel like to blow your brains out with your .357? Here is my analysis, just for you:
----------
'Pulling the trigger' will be the final hurdle. All misery is involved with that. But once you actually 'pull the trigger,' what follows? NOTHING! As Don Juan said in (Journey to Ixtland?): 'Death is nothing. Nothing!'
----------
Your last few miliseconds wont register at all. You won't even feel the end of 'trigger-pull resistance.' True, the 'trigger collapse' will be experienced by your index (trigger) finger. True, those nerve signals will begin the journey up to your sensory cortex. But they will never arrive. You won't feel the trigger pull.
Nor will you hear the explosion. The noise will arrive at the eardrum behind the bullet. And it takes time for auditory inputs to be 'interpreted' by the auditory brain. There won't be enough time for that.
----------
The bullet will travel through the brain in milliseconds. The path of the bullet will totally destroy whatever brain tissue it encounters. But will the remaining parts of the brain be able to 'experience?' No. The rest of the brain will be instantly destroyed by the 'pressure wave' produced by the bullet.
Nothing will ever happen to you again. Nothing!
Never... ever... ever...
----------
This is the way the world ends;
This is the way the world ends;
This is the way the world ends;
Not with a bang but a whimper.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?