Friday, August 09, 2013

 

The Way of Zen.

(3)
Zen is an attitude. It is the attitude of a person who knows that he lives in a world full of complete fucking idiots. Zen allows such persons to enjoy life despite 'surroundings.' Zen understands 'suchness.' (Such is life.) Back from the fridge with the 24 ouncer at 1857. Sip. Nose beginning to drip again... left nasal mucosa swelling... thump above as I blow my nose... left scalp beginning to itch, indicating a microwave attack from my left.
Sip. The attack seems to be over at 1903. Sip.
Zen is, 'layed back.' 'Layed back' means 'post-orgasmic.' Zen is post-orgasmic. (Nothing much matters. Enjoy.)
Right nasal symptoms now (1907) indicate a microwave attack from the right. Nose blow.
Sip. Interested? Then read, The Way of Zen, by Alan W. Watts:
----------
The First Comprehensive explanation of Zen Buddhism, the unique Oriential philosophy which shows how to live with serenity and fulfilment in a frustrating and confusing world.
----------
Mentor Books supplied my ragged and dismembered copy many years ago at the local book shop or at a used book sale. Sip.
Interestingly, this particular book has no pen/pencil marks at all! Therefore I will have to do a little research in order to find a quote. Lessee...
Whoa! Oops. As I 'thumbed through' this dilapidated book I just realized that I have never even read it! Damn!
Ok. I have out it on The List, folks.
But I should tell you that I am not totally ignorant of Zen, having read several other books on the subject. And, by the way, Allan Watts is the consumate Mystic author concerning esoteric mysticism. 




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?