Friday, August 23, 2013

 

Becoming Nontheistic.

(2)
I'm back at 1541 after a little nap, sipping on beer #2. Sip. I am currently being bombarded with just enough microwave radiation to cause watering eyes, swelling nasal mucosa, and lots of mucus. Snort. Swallow. Sip. Last week's posts need a quick rereading. Standby... Ha! Splat! Yep that was a fun night and I did it all on only ten beers! Sip.
It occurs to me that some of my readers might be horrified by my attitude toward 'God.' Some of them may 'cringe' at some of my posts; others may relish the thought of seeing me burning in Hell at some future date (from their vantage point in Heaven). How could I treat God with such open contempt and not fear eternal retribution?! How?
Well, folks, it's a long process. Indeed, it is such a long process that Foreskin Restoration is a comparitively short process. The process involves unlearning complex 'stuff' learned in childhood. Very difficult. Very difficult.
And I 'took the long way around:' I read modern philosophy (Bertrand Russell and others). First I retrained my left brain (the logical brain). Then I had to retrain my right brain (the emotional brain). Slowly, unwanted and unneeded neural connections disappeared from both brains. It took many, many years, mostly because the emotional brain resists being dominated by the logical brain, and childhood learning is a kind of substrate for future learning, and is therefore very difficult to 'rearrange.'
But I did it! Indeed, I consider my 'conversion' from Catholicism to 'Agnosticism' (actually Nontheism) my greatest lifetime achievment! The left brain was done by age 25; the right brain took much longer and I cannot pinpoint an exact year. Maybe 1990.
Do you also want to unlearn ancient horseshit? Try these sites:
----------
The Brick Testament. http://www.bricktestament.com/home.html
The Skeptic's Annotated Bible. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
God is Imaginary. http://godisimaginary.com/video1.htm
And finally, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. http://classics.mit.edu/Khayyam/rubaiyat.html
----------
One final thought concerning neural connections: How does a defenseless infant go about reconfiguring his sensory/motor connections to his amputated penile foreskin after being circumcised soon after birth?
I will address that issue next week.
Tune in!




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?