Friday, August 23, 2013

 

Ah Zen!

(3)
Back from the fridge with beer #5 at 1706. Sip. Ah Zen! I refer, of course, to the previously mentioned book, The Way of Zen, by Allan Watts. That book has been sitting on the counter top next to the potty for quite some time now, and I take a quick look at it from time to time, but have not yet made any effort to actually read it. However, I have been able to conjure up a tentative opinion concerning what the book is all about: Epistemology.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistemology) 'Eastern Epistemology.' It describes Zen Buddhism and related Eastern Religions in 'religious/epistemological terms.' I have long thought of Buddhism as 'The Psychological Religion' and Watts' book seems to confirm the idea (time for the news... Back at 1742 with beer #6. Sip.)
Eheh. San Diego Mayor Filner is resigning, and not a moment too soon. After watching him on TV for the last few weeks, my impression is that he should also undergo massive facial Botox treatments. He makes McCaffery look 5 years old!
Somebody should write a book about East/West Epistemology. I'm too lazy. You do it.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?