Wednesday, July 03, 2013

 

Huh? Oh. Now I Remember!


(1)
Sipping on beer #1 at 1700 or so. The plan was to wait until Friday, but it has been a week since my last blog... and I did get enough sleep... so here I am again. Today, while reading my notes (on paper) from last week, I found, 'Circumcision: A stupid 4000 year old cultural/religious idea: pass it on.' So I am 'passing it on.' And I was looking for the word, '.....phobia,' the definition of which is, 'Irrational fear or hatred of the foreskin.' No joy. I'm pretty sure there is such a word. Did it go extinct recently? And by the way, here you will find a very scholarly and astute history of that 4000 year old practice. Enjoy.
Back from the fridge with beer #2 at 1720. Kootch has hit the sack. Buzzing slightly. Sip.
Speaking of 'going extinct,' NASA recently issued the 'Asteroid Challenge' encouraging you really smart folks out there to come up with some good ideas about how to detect and defend Earth against rogue asteroids. I thought, 'Isn't that God's job?' I'll give Him a call tonight on The Brown Telephone and get His 'take.'
Back from the fridge with beer #3 at 1742. Today's big news is the political turmoil in Egypt. Sip. I see it as an important and encouraging trend toward 'Universal Secularism.'
Buzzing adequately as I begin Beer #3. Sip 24 beers left. Sip. Time to reread last week's posts, which always make more sense when I'm buzzing, but tend to horrify me when I'm hungover... Yep. It makes much more sense now. I 'embellished the theory' somewhat, of course, and you get that.   




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?