Wednesday, June 26, 2013

 

Play it Again, Sam.

(2)
I've been playing a lot of C-III recently, and therefore I have not really 'prepared' for tonight's blog. Whatever 'bubbles up' is fine with me. Sip. End of beer #3. Buzzing shamelessly (burp). Back from the fridge with beer #4 at 2030. 
My blogs would certainly be much more interesting if I actually 'did the work' of my style of blogging: There would be more music, more pussy, more philosophy, more drugs, more... FUN! But, alas, I have this C-III addiction. And it is fun: Years ago, I began 'saving' the 'middle points' and the 'end points' of my C-III games. And this week I finished 'game 611.' What means '611?' I'm glad you asked: As I played 'game 61' I saved it at two points: At or near the point where I had completed 'The Forbidden Palace,' and at the point in the game when I had destroyed all opponents except The French and The British. Indeed, I had long since stopped the game when my only opponents were The French and The British, the reason being that defeating all remaining opponents on the planet became more like a job than a fun game. So I decided to end all future games at the point where I had defeated everybody except The British and The French, my perennial pussy allies. I 'called' the British Monarch Elizabeth, 'my friend in the orange panties,' and the French Monarch Joan of Arc, 'my friend in the pink panties.'
Since I had not 'saved' the original starting points (Start61, for example) I could only replay any saved game from 'Map level,' (Map61, for example.) I must say, it's been interesting to replay these games and to compare the two 'end points:' (End61 with End611.) And there is always the option to 'iterate' (tap) to 'End612!' How cool is that?!
At first, I remember very little or nothing about the game I am about to replay. (Sipping on beer #5 at 2119. Sip.) But as I (re)build my Civilization I am struck by how my memory 'recalls' certain (visual-geographical) aspects of the game. Very interesting! I recall no previous 'tactical' aspects, but only visual/geographical aspects. I find those particular 'memory recalls' quite interesting. And now that I think about, I also recorded the 'Start positions' of those games, but because the 'journey' from 'Start' to 'Forbidden Palace' is a bit tedious, I never begin at 'start.'
Not yet, at least.
Hmm!




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?