Wednesday, May 29, 2013

 

Doing The Ritual.

(1)
Sipping on beer #1 at 1633. Sip. I'm just up from a nap (no sleep at all due to microwave Rad) during which I thought about tonight's blog. After getting up and turning on the lights I got dressed, and, as I slipped on the first sock I thought, 'The Ritual! Do the ritual!' Sip. So I 'did the ritual:' I stopped thinking about tonight's blog. I stopped thinking about everything except that which was happening automatically right in front of my eyes: Putting on my socks and shoes. 'How complex!' And yet it was happening as if somebody else was doing it for me and I was only an observer! (End of beer #1 at 1647... on the way back from the fridge with beer #2 I met Kootch in the hallway and we giggled at each other. Buzzing slightly. Sip.) I watched the ritual intensely, never taking my eyes away from the complex procedure happening right in front of my eyes, devoting my entire attention to 'doing the ritual.' After my shoes had been tied, I got up, and thus ended The Ritual. Try it. You'll like it!
I expected to find 'ritual behavior' on Wikipedia, and was amazed that it was not there! We need to fix that, people! I'm too buzy with C-III at the moment. You do it.
Other examples of 'ritual behavior' are, shaving, eating, walking, running, masturbating, bicycling, etc. And I could go on and on. I'm not sure, but I think that the Cerebelum is much involved with the motor cortex in the management of all the various rituals we routinely perform, freeing the rest of the brain to do other stuff at the same time. Masturbation is an interesting example: Your 'conscious mind' is free to conjure and create various 'hot sexual scenerios' while your 'ritual mind' does the dirty work.
I bring up this particular subject as part of the study of 'meta-cognition' and 'meta-awareness.' Sip.
This is such fun! Sip.     




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?