Friday, March 22, 2013

 

The Meaning of Life.

(4)
All of which brings up the question: 'If there really is no God, and The Universe burst into existence 13.8 billion years ago for reasons unknown, what should I do on Friday or Saturday or Sunday?' Let's pretend that you have been granted an interview with Mother Nature. You ask Her: 'What should I do?'
----------
A: Enjoy.
Q: But that is not enough. I am something. What am I?
A: You are a biological machine. Mostly Oxygen.
Q: What happens to me after I die?
A: Nothing. 'You' disassemble into your original chemical components.
Q: But what about my Soul?
A: 'Soul' is an ancient myth. You have no soul.
Q: But dying terrifies me.
A: It's only natural. Death is a very natural thing. Why not enjoy it?
Q: But I fear nonexistence! It seems horrible!
A: There is no such thing as 'nonexistence.' You have Eternal Life.
Q: Huh?
A: Time, like orgasm, is a quality of life. 'Time' is otherwise meaningless.
Q: Huh?
A: No Time, no Life. No life, no time. Therefore your life is eternal. You have eternal life.
Q: How?
A: Think 'Existential connectedness.' One cannot exist without the other.
----------






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?