Friday, February 15, 2013

 

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.

(1)
Hello again (tap). I decided not to blog last Friday because of severe sleep deprivation. I wondered also about how much the weekly booze nights added to my debilitated mental condition. So, last Friday was a no blog/no booze 'test' night. The result was interesting: less intense nighttime microwave attacks all week, allowing me to sleep longer. This, combined with no hangover effect to deal with, led to a pretty good week playing a lot of C-III.
Back from the fridge with beer #2 at 1754, buzzing slightly. Sip. Time to reread last blog... Ah yes, LSD again. Shall we continue? Yes we shall.

The kids seemed relatively unaffected by those 'experiments.' They thought of them as 'illicit family fun.' I later concluded that 'LSD is wasted on the young.'
Adults, on the other hand, can be deeply affected by LSD. In my case, Acid deepened insight and introspection. I could clearly see my 'egocentricity' regarding playing Chess and being a Pilot. Another plus, was that it increased my interest in Epistemology and philosophy in general. (Sipping on beer #3 at 1825, buzzing slightly.) I began reading more, eventually discovering writers like Ouspensky, Rajneesh, Castaneda, Watts, and many others. I read a lot and learned a lot. Meanwhile, the stalker Gerash was at work undermining the more 'economic' aspects of my life, but I would not discover him for another 24 years or so, in about 1992. Colorado discovered 'stalking' a few years after that and made it against the law. Eheh.
The lesson here is that LSD can change you. For better? For worse? Both possibilities seem possible. In my case it made for a 'better human being.' From what I have gathered about 'results' in that regard, LSD changes most people for the better, through increased insight and self-knowlege. The people who are most likely to be significiently changed by LSD are those over about 40 years old and who are well educated. The young and the ignorant might have lots of 'strange fun' doing Acid, but they seem unlikely to be deeply affected by the experience.
But come to think of it, The Hippies were pretty young... Hmm! Oops. Sipping on beer #5 at 1940. Sip.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?