Friday, November 23, 2012

 

This is It (and other essays on Zen and the Spiritual Experience)

(6)
CNN is boring now at 2008 as I sip on beer #8. The subject is, 'bullying.' Sip.
Now what?
Alright! I will now quote from Alan Watts' paperback book, This is It. When I read this passage I immediately recognized that only someone who had done LSD could have written it. Alan Watts had obviously done LSD:
----------
'From this new perspective the crimes and follies of man's ordinary nightmare life seem neither evil nor stupid, but simply pitiable. One has the extraordinarily odd sensation of seeing people in their mean or malicious pursuits, looking, at the same time, like gods - as if they were supremely happy without knowing it. As Kirillov puts it in Dostoyevsky's, The Possessed, 'Man is unhappy because he doesn't know he's happy. It's only that. That's all, that's all! If anyone finds out, he'll become happy at once, that minute... it's all good! I discovered it all of a sudden...'
----------
The realization that 'all of life is good' dawned on me back in the '70s as I 'recovered' (reassembled) from many LSD trips. 




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?