Tuesday, October 16, 2012

 

Hooray! Beertime!

(1)
Sipping on beer #1 at 1635, after beginning about 1620. Sip. I'm back a few days early and felt like celebrating a little. Sip. Kootch is in the kitchen cooking up dinner. Back with beer #2 at 1640. Sip. Buzzing slightly on one beer on an empty stomach. Four beers left. Sip.
It's been a harrowing day for me: Kootch had her first (and probably only) (tap) colonoscopy today, and the results were quite good: No polyps, and no other colon problems. They also did an 'Esophagoduodenoscopy.' The attending physician provided us with photographs and a report. Kootch's colon looks a lot healthier than mine! So is the other stuff. They didn't let me watch, so I sat it out in the WR rereading the chapter on Voltaire from my old potty book, The Story of Philosophy, by Will Durant. Boring. After about 40 minutes or so they rescued me from Voltaire with the news that Kootch was out of the 'operating room' and I could be with her as she recovered from the strong sedative they had given her. Kootch remembers nothing. We went through the usual recovery time with Kootch trying unsuccessfully to fart out some of the injected air. She did manage to fart most of it out after she could stand up.
It was very harrowing day for Kootch (tap) too, of course, and I didn't envy her a bit (Sipping on beer #3 at 1708. Kootch is now eating supper in her room.) Soon after the doctor (finally!) showed up and gave us the report with a very brief (faint boom) auditory report, we left. I was very worried: the stalkers had had almost three hours to try to defeat the two 4-digit padlocks with which I had secured the door to the apartment. What would we find when we got home? I did my best to take a few minutes off the return trip during 'rush hour.' Kootch remarked several times that my risky driving was a bit too 'exciting.' I replied that I was totally focused on what I was doing, unlike some other drivers who were driving while talking on cell phones. We arrived without incident, and Kootch parked the car while I began undoing the combinations to the two padlocks. Hooray! No evidence of 'unauthorized entry!' I relaxed. Beertime! 




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?