Friday, September 14, 2012

 

The Troll Below Attacks! I Shower the Plumbers!

(2)
(Back from the fridge with beer #2 at 1612. Buzzing nicely.) The same thing had happened years before: the contents of the tub in 304 bubbled up into our tub. I called a plumber who tried to clear the plugged line with a somewhat more sophisticated device, but that device obviously ran into a metal object in the waste line, which seriously damaged the working 'tip' of that device. He was pissed! I don't recall exactly how he eventually cleared the line, but I think he attacked the problem from below with the cooperation of 104, and it (the waste line) worked properly for the next (10 - 15) years or so.
Anyway, the two plumbers showed up around 10 AM Sunday morning and began attacking the problem again, in the same manner as before. I thought, 'The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.' The walls shook periodically and the noise was intense as the two plumbers worked on the problem for some time with the same equipment. I kept thinking, 'Sunday Money, Honey.'
The Troll in 104 knocked on my door not long after the plumbers started doing their thing, complaining rudely about the noise. He was so rude, in fact, that I responded more or less 'in kind,' slamming the door in his face at least once, maybe twice. He then called the ACSD. An officer showed up very soon thereafter, knocking on our door. By then I had 'cooled down,' but the Troll was still hot, attacking me verbally while the officer watched. Then - much to my pleasant surprise - Kootch (my witness and my spouse) attacked the Troll! (verbally) Even the Cop seemed a bit amused by Kootch's response. I was delighted! I didn't know she had it in her!
It all ended peacefully enough with me offering to 'shake on it.' The Troll accepted. The Officer had done his duty.
The noise and vibration continued. Some time after noon I went shopping at KSS, advising Kootch to let no one in while I was gone. The plumbers, denied entrance, then went upstairs and began working from above.
They returned again on Monday! I became aware of them (working upstairs, I presume) as soon as the noise and vibration began again. Surprise! These dudes were 'milking it' bigtime! Meanwhile, the waste line seemed to be working normally. I waited. The noise and vibration continued periodically. I wanted to take a shower! I thought that since I appeared to be 'out of the loop' so far as the plumber/milkers were concerned, It would be ok if I took my shower. Wrong! Mindful of the possibility that 'using the waste line' might somehow interfere with the 'plilkers,' I took care to use as little water as possible and to make it a very quick shower. Sure enough! Not long after I started showering I heard a muffled noise which might have been pounding on Our door. I cut the water pressure and shower time as much as possible, but soon they were banging on the shower wall! I finished, dried, dressed, then checked the now silent door. Nobody. Nor did Kootch hear them pounding. Nor did anybody later try to contact us. The plumbers/milkers had apparently left for good. I had 'showered' them out of the building!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?