Friday, September 07, 2012

 

Getting Even.

(3)
Beer buzzer just went off at 1756. Back from the fridge with beer #6 at 1758. Sip. Timer set. Ok. The hard work is done and the rest is gravy. Yas. Hmm. Lessee... Aha!
----------
I had become president through no fault of my own. It was an accident. Incredibly, I did a 4-year term, and in spite of a so-so performance while in the White House, I was re-elected. Barf. I was planning to retire instead. Not another four years?! Oh no! What did I do wrong? (I should mention at this point that the preceeding scenerio bears absolutely no resemblance to that of our current excellent president, Barack Obama. Really. This is a satire.)
One night, as I was reading The Controlled Substances Act and thinking about my situation before going to sleep, I came up with the idea of getting even with the American voters who re-elected me. 'I'll teach those bastards!'
When I woke up next morning I called my Chief of Staff to the Oval Office. 'I want you to prepare a Presidential Directive moving Marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule V.' Yes, I understand the implications! Don't argue with me. Do it!'
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?