Friday, August 17, 2012

 

Tonight's Osho.

(3)
Time for tonight's 'Osho Quotations.' Osho (formerly Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh) was and remains a 'cult figure.' (tap - heard above the noise generated by my favorite sleeping aid, Simplynoise). (I just peed and visited the kitchen where I adjusted the 'drop rate' such that the drops made the loudest noise and produced the biggest splash. Somebody should do this on You Tube speeded up! I would love to see the result!)
Back with beer #6 at 2126. Where was I? Osho!
My current 'potty book' is, The Book: an introduction to the teachings of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, Series III, R to Z. Currently out of print, I think. Lessee... I just opened the book to a random page: I selected 'Self Acceptance' on page 160. I will quote from the beginning:
----------
Self Acceptance 'The problem is that you don't accept yourself. You can call it compulsion or you can call it something else - but you don't accept yourself as you are. (Nose dripping suddenly - wall bang as I blow my nose.) You want to improve yourself - and there is the core of the problem... if that is your pattern, then that is you.
Improvement is not possible. Improvement is a very false notion. It has never happened... it cannot happen. By the nature of things it is not possible. Nobody ever improves because everybody is already that which one can be, so one has to relax and accept it. If that is your pattern, then that is you.
Once you accept it, then things will start changing. And I don't say that they will improve - I say they will start changing...'
----------
And it goes on for about two pages. Osho was 'widely read' and gathered thousands of ideas from the books he studied. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?