Friday, July 27, 2012

 

Smart Brain!

(2)
The song was, Sloop John B (tap), by The Beach Boys. (The lyrics are available below the main visual. Click 'more.') I wondered 'Why this song?' I remembered only the words, 'This is the worst trip I've ever been on.' I speculated that my memories of recent experiences and blog posts had somehow melded subconsciously to creat a little 'bubble of awareness' that 'bubbled up' during my transition from sleep to wakefulness. The tune was unforgettable, of course. I 'Youtubed' the song after getting up. Sure enough! I listened to the song many times, looking for any 'connections' between the lyrics of the song and my current life experience:
----------
Drinking all night
Got into a fight
Well I feel so broke up
I want to go home.
----------
I related those lyrics to the recent Friday night blog (drinking, ACSD investigating a phoney 'fight.' Aha! Then
----------
Sheriff John Stone
Why don't you leave me alone?
This is the worst trip I've ever been on.
----------
So true! I got drunk. The Sheriff showed up. Why don't 'they' leave me alone? This is the worst trip I've ever been on.
I have one magnificient brain, folks: it knew that that song was totally appropriate for next week's blog. It wanted me to know too. Indeed, it 'knew' that unless it bubbled that information up to the surface, I would probably have chosen another musical theme for tonight. Smart brain!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?