Friday, June 22, 2012

 

Hongry!

(5)
I sprinkled some pepper all over the sink, then I watched. The first thing I noticed was that each pepper seemed to have a 'pardner.' Bizarre. Then it dawned on me that I was seeing 'shadows:' each speck of pepper formed a corresponding shadow. I followed those peppers as they either sank or moved from bulge to bulge toward the sinkhole. Very interesting. Peppers which did not enter the flow tended to 'bunch together' in various 'bulges.'
Eventually I became satisfied that I understood the flow. I hit the sack. I closed my eyes. The bedroom fans were running, blowing cool air into the room. I saw blackness... not!
I actually saw what I would later discover to be Visual Snow. I see it every time I close my eyes. In my case it is not at all 'intrusive on consciousness.' It is simply 'there' every time I close my eyes. Historically with me, it is a very faint variation from absolute darkness, appearing to be a sequence of slowly changing chaotic patterns greyer than pure blackness. I assume that everybody sees it, and that many, if not most, don't notice it. I further assume that the cause is random 'firings' of neurons associated with the visual system: neuronal noise. I first noticed the phenomenon back in the '70s after doing LSD, a drug famous for producing bright colorful images when the tripper closes hir eyes.
Hongry at 1854! Hongry!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?