Friday, June 29, 2012

 

Done.

(3)
Today has 'fired' Ann Curry! Barfalonicus. Seems that the ratings of 'The Today Show' (NBC) have recently declined below the ratings of ABC's competing morning show. Ann, apparently is the 'official scape goat.' NBC apparently thinks that replacing Ann Curry with Savanna Guthrie will restore NBC to its previous morning dominance. They seem to think that 'we the people' do not like Ann Curry and that we will like Savanna Guthrie more. Eheh. I doubt it but I could be wrong.
Both women are beautiful. No doubt about it. But Ann is half Japanese, a big plus with me. Savanna, on the other hand, is a lawyer, a big minus with me (I do not like lawyers). NBC apparently thinks that the real problem - the lack of 'chemistry' between Ann Curry and Matt Lauer - is largely unknown to most fans. NBC has therefore foisted the 'racial theory' on TV viewers.
I am a long-time 'Today watcher' from the late '80s. Back then the show was a two-hour show. But even then I found it convenient to push the 'fast forward button' in order to skip stuff which did not interest me. There was a lot of that 'stuff.' I got really good at managing the Fast Forward button.
Today expanded to three hours, then to four hours. A fifth hour began showing up after midnight several months ago! (Probably a rerun.) I got really, really, good at rooting out TMI. I also got really, really good at using the TiVo FF Button.
I have yet to delete Today from my TiVo schedule.
But stay tuned.   
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?