Friday, February 24, 2012

 

Re-reading and Researching...

(1)
Working on Diet Pepsi #5 at 1308... Sip... Fourteen beers available including two left over from last week...
Looks like I'll continue from last week's post #3, which was the last halfway sober post... Lessee...
----------
'Shame on The Jews.' Huh? Not so fast! After rereading last week's posts the subject of 'Culture Wars' suggested itself as the theme for this week and I began the research, starting with my copy of Edward Wallerstein's book, Circumcision: An American Health Fallacy. Wallerstein was himself Jewish, and his 1980 book was a 'major event' in the anti-circ movement. True, Jewish physicians had been 'disproportunately prominent and vocal circumcision advocates,' but Jews had also been prominent anti-circumcisionists. (See the History of Circumcision website.) Whew. Working on beer #1 at 1454.
Not only did I discover a new website during my research, I also discovered a new word, 'Posthephobia' (irrational hatred of the foreskin). Hmm. I'm wondering what happens when the posthephobic meets the circumfetishist. Nothing good, I presume, except perhaps in the financial sense. (What is 'circumcision mood music' ?! The theme from the movie Halloween?)
Whew. Working on beer #2 at 1520. I need to publish this and start a new post. Sip.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?