Friday, January 06, 2012

 

Brain Food.

(1)
Working on Diet Pepsi #5 at 1523. Sip. Lotsa links in the 'interesting' file. The job will now be to decide which ones to use and how to sequence them. Lessee...
----------
Thinking, Fast and Slow. Last Sunday I saw a fascinating interview with the author Daniel Kahneman on Fareed Zacharia GPS, a CNN Sunday morning show. The theme reminds me of my 'saying,' 'Emotion preceeds logic.' (Yes, Virginia, I now realize that the correct spelling is, 'precede.') The book sounds fascinating... but will I buy it? I thought 'happiness' was a 'by-product' which could not be 'pursued' directly. Oh, well.

Memory, mental function, begin slipping as early as age 45. That's the bad news. But on the other hand...
Marijuana Improves Mental Sharpness in Middle-Aged Men: Study. That's the good news. Smoke up, gentlemen! And you ladies might enjoy a toke or two too. Go for it, girls!
Speaking of which, Signatures Turned in For Colorado Marijuana Legalization. More good news! And even more, Hemp Seeds are Good for You. Slurp.
Back in about 1980 I noticed that my chess-playing ability (and my chess rating) increased suddenly and dramatically, even reaching into the 'expert' level for a while. I came to believe that - antithetically - my drug usage (Marijuana and LSD) actually contributed to the surge. Appropriately, once I stopped those drugs my playing ability returned to my 'normal' Class-A levels. Hmmm!
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?