Friday, December 02, 2011

 

Wake Up and See The Ritual.

(3)
sipping on beer #8 (?) at 1738, listening to ABC NEWS from the LR. Sip. Don't get me wrong: I have many lovely memories of Charleston, SC. Many ugly memories too. Google will take you on a photographic tour of Charleston. Yay Google! Here is another valuable link to Charleston. I love that site.
Popped open beer #9 at 1807. My poor liver is working overtime! Yay liver! What am I?
I am a 'biological machine.' I 'do my thing' acording to the laws of 'cause and effect.' Occasionally I 'wake up' and 'smell the coffee' for a while, then I go back to 'sleep.' For example, today I did my self-observation. I observed the machine while I put on my shoes and socks. (It's a 'ritual.' We all do lots of 'ritual behavior' because we are biological machines but we don't see the ritual. In order to 'see the ritual' we need to be aware of the ritual.) Wake up and see the ritual!
The Cerebellum plays an important part in 'ritual behavior' associated with motor function. Therefore it is easy for the 'main brain' to observe ritual cerebellar function. You can easily do that experiment: select a favorite 'mindless' physical behavior, then 'watch' your body as it 'does its thing.' Automatic! Machine-like!
Once you get used to this idea you will probably ask yourselves, 'Where does it all end?' My answer is that it is all 'mechanical.' We are machines. Biological machines. It never ends. Sip. Beer 10?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?