Friday, December 30, 2011

 

Good Things. Good Things.

(3)
Which brings once again to that ultimate war between the individual and the society. Hmm. Blogger problems. I forgot what I was going to write about. Hmm. Sip... Lessee... clash... obligations... Aha!
We have 'obligations.' Personal obligations and social obligations. 'Drugs' are currently at the crux of those two 'groups.' Society wants us to 'conform,' but many of us want to 'explore.' Society wants automatons,  but individuals rebel at the very idea. Both tendencies are good and natural. Both 'work.' Life is complex.
Which brings up the question: What is my obligation as an individual?
The answer is a no-brainer: 'Screw 'Society!' There is a lot of 'society,' not much of 'me.' 'I want to smoke Marijuana before I die, and I will!'
So it goes. The eventual result is that 'society' fumbles its way forward based on myriad individual decisions. Marijuana will soon be legalized. It will be a good thing.
Furthermore, 'Modernity' is constantly eroding those religions which are based on ancient myths. Science is replacing Mythology as Method. That is also a good thing.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?