Friday, November 18, 2011

 

Yes! Yes! Yes!

(3)
And with that modest introduction, I would like to add my support to the current 'Grow Your Own Pot' movement. Big Pharma wants to prevent the legalization of Marijuana because it well understands the efficacy of both medical pot and casual pot. And 'government' is for sale in this matter. It is ultimately an economic issue (It's the money honey).
It's easy to grow Pot: All you need is seeds, soil, light and water. Anybody can do it: How to Grow Weed Indoors.
Back in the late '70s We had no such instructions. We only had seeds. Lots of seeds. So we bought three plastic buckets and drilled three holes in the bottom of each. We filled the buckets with potting soil. We watered that soil. We then placed paper napkins in a large dish. On top of the napkins we placed nine seeds. We covered the seeds with more paper napkins. We then wet the napkins with tap water. We kept the napkins moist for several days. About day three, the nine seeds 'sprouted!' Oh Joy! We then planted those sprouts (3 each) in the three buckets, about an inch or so deep. We arranged the buckets under a couple of phosphorescent 'gro-lights' (4 long tubes). Then we positioned those lights two inches or so above the soil. We then left the lights on 24 hours a day. The lights were suspended on chains and were therefore easy to adjust as the plants grew. We kept the lights 2-3 inches above the plants, checking and adjusting for growth every day. As the plants grew, we pruned the two smallest plants from each bucket, leaving only one plant per bucket. Watching our plants grow was very exciting! We adjusted the lights daily, even adding reflecting aluminum foil in order to maximize light intensity. Our plants grew and grew! Meanwhile, we smoked our current 'stash' almost every night. The plants eventually reached 5-6 feet in height. We decided to do a test. Would the leaves of those plants get us high? Did we need to wait for those plants to produce 'sticky buds?'
We chopped off a couple of lower branches. We then removed the leaves and chopped them up with a scissors, then let the chopped up leaves dry out. When the product was dry, we packed about a tablespoon or two into our largest bong bowl. We filled the bong with hot water from the sink. I then 'did the honors:' I put a match to the top of the bowl and inhaled from the top of the bong: The bong filled with smoke bubbling up from the bowl output pipe, then filled my lungs with that warm, moist mixture of magic. I 'held it' for a while, then passed the bong to (Kootch, Mark, Kathy, Jenny?) I waited. Would our pot work? Would it get me high? Within about 30-60 seconds I had my answer: Yes!
The three plants eventually yielded about a cubic foot of dried leaves, which we smoked for about a year or two. 
Kootch eventually flushed what was left of our stash one night. No more Pot. Barf. Today I asked her why. 'I was angry.' 'Why?' She didn't remember.
Years later I repeated that process in the large closet next to our bathroom. I smoked that pot for years, enjoying the booze/pot synergy. I smoked it all. Kootch was never tempted to join me.
After Gerash began attacking me with gas in the '90s, I threw away my bong and also the seeds (stored in the freezer).
Giving up Pot was sorta like giving up Diet Pepsi.  
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?