Friday, November 11, 2011

 

A Rose is a Rose.

(1)
First sip at 1430. I'm feeling 'brain dead' due to lack of sleep. Sip. Heavy IMW activity last night. Sip. (IMW= Improvised Microwave Weapon.) Booze has sometimes improved that cognitive situation significantly. Will it work again? We shall see. Time for a reread of last week... Funny. And rotsa Photos! I rike it. Did I 'invent' 'Obummer?' Probably not. And don't worry, I like the President, mild criticism notwithstanding. Somebody on CNN recently said something like, 'When I look at The Economy I think that Obama can't possibly be re-elected; but when I look at the prospective Republican nominees I think that Obama can't possibly be defeated.' I agree. Working on beer #2 at 1508. Sip. My money's on Romney as the eventual Republican nominee.
Well, well: Cannabis is synergetic with Opiates too! I'm not surprised. And now we move to the subject of 'time.' Is 'time' only an 'illusion?' I must admit that I didn't like that particular NOVA program as much as the previous one on 'space.' Actually, 'time' is about as 'illusory' as 'space,' which is to say, 'not at all.' Space and time (space-time) are as 'real' as 'Hot' and 'cold.' The title of the program (The Illusion of Time) is therefore problematic, even misleading. George Berkeley might disagree, of course, but since I don't share his theology I must accept the 'reality' of my world. True, a beautiful red rose is ultimately the result of billions of 'electrochemical events' (CNS processes), but we all necessarily chose the same 'level of reality,' the final product thereof. A rose is a rose... is a rose... 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?