Friday, October 07, 2011

 

Oh What a Tangled Web...

(1)
Beginning beer #2 at 1630. Sip. Recovering from the effects of a recent 'Face Rad' attack. Sniff. Sip. It's been an interesting week currenteventswise: Steve Jobs died, and Amanda Knox was freed from the clutches of a delusional Italian prosecutor. (Still sniffing, L nasal mucosa slightly swollen.)
Who in the world was not influenced by Steve Jobs? Certainly not me. I learned about the Apple Computer quite late for somebody who had spent ten years as a 'computer technician' who would much rather have been a 'computer programmer.' Only after I had quit Honeywell Information Systems in 1981 (?) did I discover a used Apple II+ computer somewhere, bought it, and taught myself how to use it and program it. Fun! But I was waaay behind the curve back in those days and my two 'creations' for the Apple II (Word Salad (a cryptographic text editor) and a chess-player web site called, 'The Chess Board') fizzled as Apple was overshadowed by Microsoft and both companies evolved new technologies faster than I could teach myself about them. So I began 'having fun' in other ways, among them, writing my 'Drog' (Drunk Log) on my then obsolete Apple IIE after playing chess at the Denver Chess Club once a week or so. I would replay and analyze that night's game, recording the game and my 'observations,' while drinking Malt Liquor. That eventually evolved (tap) (about 90% recovered from that 'Face Rad' at 1713) into a (Kootch just waved to me and smiled as she entered her (faint boom) room, ready to hit the sack) 'prototype blog' as my drunken (and at first, encrypted) thoughts fell victim to an electronic eavesdropping technique which effectively rendered my 'cryptographic word processor' ineffective. I stopped encrypting my 'drog' as it slowly dawned on me that it was being read (faint thump) by people who appeared hostile to me. It was a bizarre realization: 'Little ole me?!' WTF!?
I began 'attacking' those creepy (faint boom) unknown people in my drog. 'They' responded in various ways both 'private' (stomping above me, for example), and 'public' (various forms of 'street theater' like mix-race 'couples' - very black, loud, talkative male w/white female - whenever I visited a public place which they could predict based on constant eavesdropping info. I would then mention those 'attacks' in my Drog. Meanwhile I slowly 'zeroed in' on the prime suspect who turned out to be Walter Gerash, Denver's 'most famous lawyer.'   
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?