Friday, September 16, 2011

 

Healthiness Trumps Cleanliness.

(4)
But given the circumstances, my primary concern back in those days was not so much 'cleanliness,' as 'healthiness.' My first experience with the 'exit fans' produced (tap) an ominous smell: gas. I quickly determined that the exit fans (which were probably running at full speed) produced a low pressure in our apartment such that some of the furnace exhaust entered our apartment instead of flowing normally up the exhaust pipe. (tap) I was correct. I confirmed that by actually watching how the flame changed when the exit fans were turned on.
I can tell you this, folks: it was a narrow escape.
I 'modified the system' by keeping the exit fans always on low, and also by opening Kootch's bedroom window so that air would always enter her room. I also purchased a CO2 detector and installed it in her bedroom. She eventually 'kicked it out' and it ended up in the hallway, where it eventually died and was not (tap) replaced. This is all documented in my blogs.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?