Friday, September 16, 2011

 

The Downside of Efficiency.

(5)
So, after cleaning the fans, and the screen, and replacing everything in the previous positions, today I turned on the furnace and repeated the 'flame test with my bedroom fans turned off and the intake window stopped down to the max, and Kootch's door closed.' The 'flame test' looked totally normal. Job done. But wait!
Repeatedly today, as I walked through the hallway between my bedroom and the living room I would smell a suspicious gas-like odor as I passed the furnace. I checked Kootch's room - no odor - and note that my 'smellability' has been significantly destroyed by microwave radiation...
I conclude that our cleanup efforts have resulted in a much more efficient air evacuation system, and that the result (tap) is that what I am smelling is air which has been 'sucked down' from the apartment above, which must be connected to our furnace exhaust by a common exit 'chimney.'
Did I get that right?   
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?