Friday, September 23, 2011

 

The Culture Wars on a Global Scale: Knowlege = Change.

(1)
Beginning beer #2 at 1602. Time to re-read last week... Ok. I made a few minor corrections. Nothing important. First an update: Kootch and I added furnace filters to those two exhaust fans this week. That should keep both the fans and the screen reasonably clean. The filters further restrict the airflow, thus making the 'exhaust system' even safer in winter.
Been playing lots of C-III this week, as usual, but in my most ludid moments (enough sleep) I occasionally think about what to write about in my next blog posts. This week it was about the extremely fast (and accelerating) - (Blitzer is interviewing 'Yahoo' on CNN as I return from the fridge at 1631 with beer #3. There was a stomp above me probably related to the font change.) - pace of modern knowlege. At my advanced age of 76 I have acquired a certain 'perspective' on the subject and also on the subject of 'modern culture.' It's fun to think about at my age. It occured to me that whereas culture changes in 'generational segments,' and slowly at that, scientific and technological changes have now reached a pace which far outstrips previous generational changes. 'The Arab Spring' has demonstrated that modern communication technologies produce fast culture changes: if ancient cultures are given modern communicational techniques, they can change really fast. The saying, 'knowlege is power' has morphed into, 'knowlege is change.'
Shouldn't we be fighting a 'knowlege war' against those ancient cultures? The current 'knowlege war' against infant sexual mutilation in America is certainly working quite well.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?