Friday, August 05, 2011

 

Overcoming Fear and Certainty.

(3)
Back from the fridge with beer #6. I Missed the Evening News, but CNN is reporting that our national credit rating has been downgraded to AA from AAA. This is serious. As someone who (somewhat) understands 'macroeconomics' I worry (somewhat). The problem - it seems to me - is greed. The Rich apparently suffer from various 'fears' and 'certainties' which afflict only the rich. Hmm. I can only imagine... But wait! I am rich compared to those poor suffering African children in the Horn of Africa. Oops. And I have yet to mail a donation to any of the many (thump) international (thump) aid organizations involved over there. Oops. Ok. I have just faced my own 'fears and certainties' in that regard with the aid of booze and have made the decision to contribute a check for $50 to the International Red Cross marked, 'for Africa.' Whew. This has been gnawing at me for days! What a relief! And what is 50 bucks to me? One visit to KS.
In fact, I was even motivated to use my exclusive (tap) connection to The Almighty! Could I enlist the Jewish god WHTZSNM in this matter? I dialed 666 on the Brown Telephone and 'extended the antenna.' God answered immediately:
----------
gd: Hello?
me: Feeling rich?
gd: Get to the point.
me: Africa needs help.
gd: Africa?
me: Earth.
gd: Earth?
me: The Sun.
gd: I need an NGC number, please.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?