Friday, August 12, 2011

 

Naughty, Naughty!

(5)
Working on beer #9 at 1915. Only 7 beers left. Darn. Sip. Interesting how 'the ego' (boom) 'loses its grip' under the influence of booze and other drugs. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? My answer, of course, is, 'Yes!'
There are good drugs and bad drugs and naughty drugs. Booze is a naughty drug. So is Pot. LSD and the other hallucinogens are good drugs. Heroin (et. al.) are all bad drugs. Last sip of beer #9 at 1941.
Ok. I think (tap) we can agree on the word, 'high' as tonight's 'theme.' Drugs and airplanes fit the category. Airplanes first. Lessee... (sipping on beer #10 at 1950). Hmm.
As a child I wanted to fly airplanes. I would watch airplanes fly over me. I wondered how flying that high would affect me. I would throw things in the air, then inspect them to see whether the height had changed them. After WW-II my Uncle Russ learned to fly (on the GI Bill?). He took me for a ride in a Piper Cub. I was hooked immediately. I wanted to be a pilot.
I built model airplanes. I read books about airplanes (Dave Dawson, for example). I learned all about airplanes.
I joined the USAF, but they didn't think I was smart enough to be a pilot. Sheeeit. I became a 'Radio Traffic Analyst' instead, working for the USAFSS. I knocked up a Japanese woman (Kootch) in Japan and married her. Bad Idea: I lost my Top Secret Clearance and therefore my job with the USAFSS. I was 'deported' back to America.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?