Friday, July 15, 2011

 

'Study' evolves into 'Experiment.'

(2)
Which brings us back to 'The Theory of My Life.' (boom) Where was I? Ah. 'A Long Term Jewish Study' (below). (Buzzing my brains out on beer #3 at 1550. Being gassed w/RLG. Three coughs and one thump above me.) What to call 'the study?' Hmmm... thinking... Actually it was not a 'study' in the accepted sense of that word. It was not simply 'observation.' A 'study' would only have observed both our lives (two thumps above me) for a certain period of time. A 'report' describing the 'results' would have been written. The 'study' would eventually have ended. My brother David and I would eventually have been 'released' from Jewish scrutiny. No, this was much more than a simple 'study.' Much more. The 'study' became an 'experiment' as the Jewish 'students' began to systematically involve themselves in our lives as parts of 'the experiment.' Those 'students' understood the nature of 'the experiment:' 'What are the Benifits of Circumcision?' And given that the 'students' were all either circumcised (in the case of males), or sexually involved with Jewish circumcates (in the case of females), the results desired of that 'study' were obvious: show only benefits. Indeed, contribute to the study by enhancing the life of the circumcate (David) while at the same time 'inhibiting' the life of the (hated) intactate (me).
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?