Friday, July 01, 2011

 

Movements, Shmovements.

(3)
So now what? Ahh. Yes! As I was returning from a visit to Kaiser Permanente (my HMO) this week I heard this glorious music  (below) playing on our local classical music channel, KVOD. I had planned to head over to KSE and do some shopping, but the music forced a change in plans. I loved that music so much that I simply had to find out more about it so that I could make it 'Tonight's Music.' I had heard the music before, of course, but I needed to identify it exactly. So I headed west in the general direction of our apartment. So beautiful! I soon identified the music as a 'piano concerto by Mozart.' It was obviously either the first movement or the last (3rd) movement. I didn't know which. Hopefully it was the last movement. I drove on, listening. The movement ended. There was no 'DJ summary' identifying the music, so it was obviously the first movement of one of Mozart's Piano Concertos. OK. I'll drive around until I hear the DJ identify that music. I drove well into the second movement. Pretty good but not quite up to the 'standard' set by the first movement. I drove. I listened. I passed by our apartment complex and headed to KSW. In the KSW parking lot the second movement ended and the 3rd (last) movement began. Very good! I exited the parking lot and headed home. At the end of the 3rd movement the DJ identified that piano concerto as Mozart's Piano Concerto #18, K-456. I had it in my Mozart playlist! I was ecstatic! I hope you like it. You-Tube 'rules' apparently limit individual performances, timewise, so there are actually 5 (instead of 3) links to that concerto, below:
----------
1st Movement.
1st Movement cont.
2nd Movement (part 1?)
2nd Movement (part 2?)
3rd Movement.
----------
Did I get that right?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?