Friday, July 15, 2011

 

'The Mail Was Out of Order.'

(6)
I saw him working, all POBs open. (The POBs are all in 4 larger structures. No names on the outside. 'Privacy.' Eheh. I remember being verbally rebuffed by one postwoman several years ago when I stood there reading the names in the open doors. She closed the doors! 'Privacy!') (tap)
I stood there while he installed the mail. He ignored me. It was if I wasn't there! (boom! Thunder at 1941! Gotta call the Jewish god WHTZSNM. Later.) Another boom. It's raining. BR fans on. We don't use our A/C. More on that in the future. I waited until he was almost finished. He seemed oblivious. Then I said something like, 'I have not received an expected bill brom my credit card company. What do you suggest I do about that?' He replied, 'Call your credit card company?' 'Sounds good.' I said, coldly. I stood there reading the names in my building. He had no objection to that. I said, 'Why doesn't 304 have a (tap) name? He replied that 'Nobody lived there.' I said that I could hear them up there all the time. He mumbled something, eventually finished, then left. I opened my box and retrieved some junk mail.
About 30 minutes or so later there was a knock on the door. The peephole revealed a tall portly man who looked like the postman. I opened the door. It was him. (I have a photo from a recent visit. (tap)) He had 4 pieces of mail, two from my credit card company, and two from my bank. He said, 'The mail was out of order' and handed me the envelopes. Then he left.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?