Wednesday, June 08, 2011

 

Thank You Meredith!

(2)
Yep. I have since revised and republished #1. Now what? Today!
I am a 'long term fan' of The Today Show ever since we bought our first video tape recorder back in the old days. One of the reasons for that was that I was 'a night person who slept late,' and The Today Show was an excellent way to 'catch up' on the mornings events. I watched it every day. Kootch worked. I watched. Gerash stomped. Kootch has since retired, Gerash has since become less violent accoustically (but more violent electromagnetically) and I have continued my 'retired life' in my usual way ('If it ain't fun, don't do it').
Back from the fridge with beer #7. Kootch has hit the sack. (CNN is reporting that Weiner's 'weiner photo' is now on the web. I haven't looked for it...)
I eventually bought a TiVo and began watching Today on TiVo. The two hour show morphed into a three hour show. TMI. I continued to watch, utilizing fast-forward (as I had with my tape recorder). It morphed into a four hour show! WTMI! I continued to watch, becoming very adept with the TiVo remote. And I still watch. I even came to love the last hour. Funny girls! Nowadays I can do a typical 4-hour Today Show in  1-2 hours. I will miss Meredith, of course, but we also TiVo Millionaire. In fact, Millionaire has served as the single most valuable daily connection Kootch and I share. We always eat and (or) drink together and watch Millionaire. That daily 'ritual' has brought us much closer to each other in spite of 'Gerash agents' and a huge cultural divide. Thank you Meredith!  
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?