Friday, May 06, 2011

 

Osama in Heaven

(3)
111/62 P53. Sip. Beginning beer #8 after The Evening News. The evening is going by fast. Sip. I need to contact my 'sources' concerning the question of Osama's current whereabouts. I decided to call the Jewish god WHTZSNM, first. I dialed 666 on the Brown Telephone and 'extended the antenna.' God answered immediately:
----------
gd: Hello?
me: Does 'Osama' ring a bell?
gd: Hell.
me: You are a poet and don't know it.
gd: (hangs up)
----------
I then dialed Lucifer's number:
----------
lu: I was expecting your call. You're a bit late, in fact.
me: The Evening News.
lu: Of course. Just out of curiosity, what beer is this?
me: Seven.
lu: Heaven.
me: And you, too, are a poet!
lu: At your service...
me: Omar. Right?
lu: Right. We have had a long relationship as you well know.
me: God says, 'Hell.' (tap)
lu: God is... uh... somewhat behind the curve on that issue.
me: Osama is in Heaven?!
lu: Yes. But keep this quiet.
----------
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?