Friday, May 13, 2011

 

How American Jewry Bought American Christianity.

(4)
One other aspect of those times became interesting to me as I 'lived my life' back in those days. I was a 'Nontheist,' but was interested in the 'religion of my fellow man.' I often watched Christian preachers on Sunday Morning tv. I was struck by their 'love of Israel.' Huh? 'The Jews crucified Christ!' What was so great about the existence of Israel? Why all this 'Zionism?' (By that time I was aware that Jews did not like me at all, and therefore as far as I was concerned I was also a zionist: 'More Jews over there, less Jews over here!') I was really puzzled. I would eventually come up with the theory that rich American Jews made regular contributions (tap) to various popular Christian tv preachers who 'loved Israel' and preached frequent sermons on national media praising the existence of Israel. I came to believe that rich American Jews 'owned' American Fundamentalist Christianity.
It's the money, honey.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?