Friday, May 06, 2011

 

Operation Fish Bait

(1)
First sip of Natural Light at 1422. Sip. 'Boy they good!' I'm way too sober at the moment, but the beer will soon fix that. Sip. What a week, and it isn't over yet! Sip. And before I forget, Happy Mother's Day (Sunday) to all you mothers out there. (No, not you, Rahm.)
The big news is, of course, that, 'O'bama got Osama!' (Buzz beginning at 1430. Wow, that was quick. Must be the empty stomach. I can hear The Prez now on the LR TV.) I watched it all beginning to unfold on CNN Sunday night. I didn't have a clue about the subject of the prez's address to the nation until the 'leaks' began coming in that the subject would be The Death of Osama. (Beginning beer #2 at 1448.) Since then I've followed the story on both tv and the internet. I was slightly disappointed that the 'death photo' of Osama was suppressed. I would like to have seen it. On the other hand I can understand the reasoning behind the decision. I was especially interested in the relatively trivial information concerning what the 'official name' of that military operation might be, and when it became clear that (beginning beer #3 at 1509) a 'burial at sea' was planned from the very beginning, I began speculating. Would the 'name of the operation' involve some or other reference to 'the sea?' I thought so. Hmm. The possibilities were endless, of course, but I began thinking in terms of 'process and final result.' 'Fish Food' came instantly to mind but was rejected as too banal. And in any case, that was only 'stage 1.' ('Saving' failed at that point, so I 'Published.' It worked! I shall now continue...) My next idea was, 'Fish Poop.' I rejected that too, of course, as too (tap) juvenile. I needed a word which was both inclusive and suggestive but not repulsive. Ha! Bait! I settled on 'Operation Fish Bait.' My confidence was low. I would not have bet any money at all on that particular guess. Over the next day or two I was alert for any mention of the name of that 'Operation,' and eventually found it on the internet: Operation Neptune Spear
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?