Thursday, April 07, 2011

 

Doing Honor to The Unborn.

(8)
Abortion, whether 'natural' or 'artificial' is an emotional downer for all involved, of course, and needs to be acknowleged emotionally. Indeed, Kootch and I have both suffered at least one 'spontaneous abortion.' That unnamed embryo was mourned more by Kootch than by me, given the then circumstances. But all such events must be mourned in some sense. I would therefore suggest that it is important that all such 'events' be commemerated both musically and verbally. My 'verbal suggestion' is:
----------
Better, oh better, cancel from The Scroll
Of Universe one luckless Human Soul
Than drop by drop enlarge the flood which rolls
Hoarser with anguish as the ages roll.
----------
From The Rubiat of Omar Khayyam. Utterly beautiful. My 'musical suggestion' is Mozart Clarinet Concerto II.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?