Tuesday, March 29, 2011

 

I'm Baaack... a Day Early.

(1)
Ok. Last sip... of Diet Pepsi... Kootch is 'Gonna take a nap...' I need to take my meds with a little food... then... beer time!!! Standby... First sip at 1418. I have a general idea of what I want to write about, but as usual, we will have to wait and see what 'bubbles up.' Sip. 'Current events' and 'religion' are on the 'to-do list.' Sip. Dylan is on TV in the LR but I can't hear well enough to be distracted. Sip. I've turned off the anti-DVR timer, as trips to the 'fridge and potty will keep me busy enough. Beautiful day outside, and I got enough sleep last night (bed at 2130, up at 0900 - and the usual microwave radiation in between). I'm almost too sober for this right now. Sip. End of first beer at 1431. I'm back early, of course, mostly because of the weather forecasts for the rest of the week. A shame to be hungover during such nice warm weather. Back with beer #2 at 1435. Currenteventwise, The Prez pre-empted the nightly news broadcasts last night with a speech about the intervention in Libya. Although I didn't watch all of it I liked what I did watch. The 'reviews' were interesting too, as usual. Most pundits were concerned about 'exit strategy' and the fact that the eventual results could not be calculated in advance. The Prez made the point that the intervention was a humanitarian act designed to prevent large scale slaughter. I can go along with that. Regarding the pundits' concerns, I would only point out that the future is difficult to calculate given the innumerable variables, and that it is always good policy to be ready to be surprised. The future always will have that impish aspect to it. Even the Jewish god WHTZSNM, I am told, is so afraid of 'the future' that, although He can 'look into it' at any time, He never does. Strange. Which brings us to the subject of 'religion' at the end of beer #2.
(Update: Editor problems referred to in the following posts (above) were eventually resolved by switching to the latest editor.)
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?